March 24, 2006
News for Anime Expo 2006:
Anime Expo 2006 announces first guest of honorLong Awaited Debut of Fullmetal Alchemist Director at Nation's Largest Convention
Anaheim, California (March 24, 2006) -- Anime Expo 2006 (AX2006) proudly announces the debut appearance of Seiji Mizushima as the 1st official Guest of Honor at this year's convention. The 15th year anniversary convention will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center July 1-4, 2006. More information is available at http://www.anime-expo.org.
As famed director of the Fullmetal Alchemist anime series and movie (debuted in Japan; July 2005), Mizushima is also known as a series director for Evangelion and hit shows including Dai-Guard, Slayers Next and Shaman King. His current project consists of Oira Rocket.
Mr. Mizushima's filmography consists of:
- Brave King GaoGaiGar Final Grand Glorious Gathering (TV); Storyboard
- Dai-Guard (TV); Director, Storyboard
- Eureka 7 (TV); Storyboard (ep. 37)
- Fullmetal Alchemist (movie); Director
- Fullmetal Alchemist (TV); Director, Storyboard
- Generator Gawl (TV); Director, Script (ep. 5, 8 dramatization), Storyboard (ep. 1, 8, 12), Episode Director (ep. 1, 12)
- Madara (OAV); Assistant Director
- Melty Lancer (OAV); Unit Director
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV); Episode Director (ep. 9)
- Shaman King (TV); Director, Storyboard, Unit Director
- Shaman King Specials; Director
- Slayers Next (TV); Director
- Zaion: I Wish You Were Here (TV); Director, Storyboard
- Oira Rocket; currently in production
Mr. Mizushima is one of the many highly sought out guests that will be in attendance at this AX2006's 15th Anniversary Celebration. Individual's can now register via online (www.anime-expo.org) for Anime Expo 2006.
Located in Anaheim, California - Anime Expo®, the North America's largest anime/manga convention, serves to foster trade, commerce and the interests of the general public and animation/ comics industry. This event serves as a key meeting place for the general public to express their interest and explore various aspects of anime/manga, as well as for members of the industry to conduct business. AX 2006 will be held July 1 - 4, 2006 at the Anaheim Convention Center. More information can be found at its official website (www.anime-expo.org).
The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to popularize and educate the American public about anime and manga, as well as provide a forum to facilitate communication between professionals and fans. This organization is more popularly known by its entertainment property - Anime Expo®. More information can be found at its official website (www-spja.org).