I'm A.K. WIRRU.
Cosplayer, costume artist and workshop presenter since 2006.I have been crafting since I was 5 years old when I really wanted movie prop replica and my parents told me "why buy when you can just make?". It all started from there. My free time since childhood has been spent doing one artistic project or another: prop crafting, music writing, drawing, performing etc.I started using my skills specifically for Cosplay in 2006. Since that time I was hooked onto the craftsmanship and competitive side of cosplay crafting.
I have won over 70 awards in competitions around Australia in all categories including Best Craftsmanship, Best Skit, Best Cosplay and Best in Show. In 2010 and 2014, I won the Madman National Cosplay Championship, by producing two costumes and performances each (one to qualify, one for the finals).
In 2012, I represented Australia in the World Cosplay Summit as Team Australia with my best friend Tsubaki.
My main focus as a cosplayer is to be as diverse in my craft as possible. Ie. to not be limited to one specialty like sewing, prop making or armour building. I love to use and learn whatever skills and medium it takes to achieve my desired result, and sharing it with everyone along the way!
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Gamma.Con 2018 - August 4-5, 2018 in Mitchell, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- A-Kon 2018 - June 7-10, 2018 in Fort Worth, TX
- Madman Anime Festival (Melbourne) 2017 - November 4-5, 2017 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Perth 2017 - June 23-25, 2017 in Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Sydney 2017 - June 16-18, 2017 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Melbourne 2017 - April 28-30, 2017 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Gold Coast 2017 - April 21-23, 2017 in Broadbeach, Queensland, Australia
- AICon 2017 - March 4-5, 2017 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
- Katsucon 2017 - February 17-19, 2017 in National Harbor, MD