AnimeCons.com Policy on Listed Events
- All events must have an actual web site in order to be listed. (Creating a page for your event on Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Eventbrite, Tabletop.events, an event calendar, and/or social networking sites does not meet this requirement. You can certainly have those, but you must have a web site for your event too.)
- Events must be at least 6 hours in length to be listed. Events that fall under a total of 6 hours of anime programming or are less than 6 hours in length will not be listed.
- We will not list any information which cannot be verified with the event's web site or program guide. This includes guest listings, programming, and registration rates.
- We will only list events that have a confirmed and announced venue and dates. Any events that do not have a venue or have not announced specific dates will not be listed.
- We do not list online or virtual "conventions". If a physical, in-person convention has cancelled their in-person events and transitioned to virtual, we will mark it as such but it will still have a
strikethrough the name.
- We will not list any information that requires a login to be viewed.
- Art shows, film festivals, music festivals, toy shows, and collectable shows will not be listed unless they have other programming such as a cosplay contest or anime-related guest panels. If so, they will only be listed for the dates of that other programming and not for the entire length of the show or festival.
- We will not list events that are not centered in one location and move around town unless at least 6 hours of programming is held in one venue AND these venues are less than a mile apart. (If you have 3 venues with 4 hours each, those do not count. If your event is spread across the entire city at five different venues, we cannot list that event. Events that take place in neighboring venues -- like a convention center with a hotel across the street -- are perfectly fine.)
- Conventions-within-conventions will not be listed. Only the main convention may be listed if it qualifies.
- Conventions operating under multiple names in the same venue on the same dates with shared admission can only be listed once and will not be added to our calendar as separate entries for each name.
- Film screenings and film festivals will not be listed.
- Concerts, music festivals, and karaoke contests will not be listed.
- Anime, sci-fi, or other fan club meetings will not be listed.
- Cosplay and costume gatherings will not be listed.
- Collectables swap meets and flea markets will not be listed.
- The site staff reserve the right to list or not list any convention or event for any reason including, but not limited to, not fitting the scope of this site, previous history of cancelling events, or the event being run by someone with a history of child endangerment, accusations of sexual assault, or potential criminal activity.
- Anyone found to be submitting false or misleading information in order to circumvent our policies may have all their events banned from this site.
The above policy is subject to change without notice.
How AnimeCons.com is Funded
AnimeCons.com is free for everyone to use and we hope to continue to do so. In order to fund the site and keep it online and running reliably, we use some unobtrusive methods to generate revenue at no cost to you.
AnimeCons.com is funded by advertisng and affiliate marketing. We display a limited number of banner ads on any page and never do pop-up ads, page takeovers, or other annoying types of ads. Also, when you purchase something after clicking on a link to Amazon, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Read our affiliate marketing disclosure for more information.