Los Angeles, CA
Kirk Thornton is an American voice actor. He is known for playing tough or grouchy men in English-dubbed anime and video games. His career includes Hotohori in Fushigi Yūgi and Jin in Samurai Champloo. He also played the major character Hajime Saito in Rurouni Kenshin, in addition to numerous cameos and minor characters. He also does Don Patch in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo as well as Gabumon and other voices in Digimon. He is even the English voice of Jet Link in Cyborg 009, the Narrator in Bleach, as well as Kisame Hoshigaki in Naruto and its sequel, Naruto: Shippuden. Kirk is now the official voice of Shadow the Hedgehog as of the 2010 release Sonic Free Riders. According to Anime News Network, Thornton boasts the most credits of any male voice actor who does English language dubbing, and in the field in general, is second only to Wendee Lee in total credits. To date he has been in over two hundred voice-over productions for Japanese animation.
Thornton is also well-known for having played many different minor voice roles throughout the Power Rangers franchise (and similar series such as VR Troopers and Masked Rider). He has also had experience with ADR direction. Currently, he is co-directing the ADR for the popular anime series Bleach alongside Wendee Lee. He has also been working as a key grip on television shows such as Little Britain, Duck Patrol and Distant Shores.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Anime Expo 2018 - July 4-8, 2018 in Los Angeles, CA
- Anime Expo 2017 - July 1-4, 2017 in Los Angeles, CA
- San Japan 2016 - September 2-4, 2016 in San Antonio, TX
- Ryu-Kon 2015 - July 10-12, 2015 in Buffalo, NY
- Anime Boston 2012 - April 6-8, 2012 in Boston, MA
- Kumoricon 2009 - September 5-7, 2009 in Portland, OR
- Kumoricon 2008 - August 30 - September 1, 2008 in Portland, OR
- Kumoricon 2007 - September 1-3, 2007 in Vancouver, WA
- Anime Central 2007 - May 11-13, 2007 in Rosemont, IL
- KumoriCon 2006 - September 2-4, 2006 in Portland, OR