Carlyfornia (Carly Michelle Breslin, Miss Carlyfornia) is the artist, designer, seamstress and cosplay/gothic lolita model that is Carlyfornia. She attended the prestigious FIDM Fashion Institute in San Fransisco before launching her gothic lolita clothing line in 1999. Carlyfornia has won several awards for her fashion and cosplay designs (most recently at Sac-Anime) including being crowned Princess Ai by Tokyopop as well as being featured in their magazine and manga. Her graphic design and comic work began in 1996 with a string of well selling calligraphy and how to draw books. Carlyfornia has since gone on to be a manga and graphic artist for Sakura Pens of Osaka, Pentel Arts of Tokyo, EK Success, Westrim, Golden Paints and General Pencil to name a few. She has taught art and sewing in various countries such as China, Japan, India, United Kingdom and here state side. In addition to her many artistic roles, she is also working as a costume and art director. Miss Carlyfornia is a designer of clothing for various dolls from around the world like Pullips, Blythes and Dollfies. Creations and design of sweet lolita & gothic lolita jewelry is also her specialty! She is also known to dabble with the steampunk genre.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Kraken Con 2013 - October 5, 2013 in South San Francisco, CA
- Big Wow! ComicFest 2013 - May 18-19, 2013 in San Jose, CA
- Sac-Con 2012 - December 9, 2012 in Sacramento, CA
- Hyper-Con 2012 - September 7-9, 2012 in San Mateo, CA
- Sac-Con 2012 - June 3, 2012 in Sacramento, CA
- Hyper-Con 2011 - August 6-7, 2011 in San Mateo, CA