Matt Smith is an English actor and director. He is best known for his role as the eleventh incarnation of the Doctor in the British television series Doctor Who, for which he received a BAFTA Award nomination in 2011.
Smith initially aspired to be a professional footballer, but spondylosis forced him out of the sport. After joining the National Youth Theatre and studying Drama and Creative Writing at the University of East Anglia, he became an actor in 2003, performing in plays like Murder in the Cathedral, Fresh Kills, The History Boys and On the Shore of the Wide World in London theatres. Extending his repertoire into West End theatre, he has since performed in the stage adaptation of Swimming with Sharks with Christian Slater, followed a year later by a critically acclaimed performance as Henry in That Face.
Before his role in Doctor Who, Smith's first television role came in 2006 as Jim Taylor in the BBC adaptations of Philip Pullman's The Ruby in the Smoke and The Shadow in the North while his first major role in television came as Danny in the 2007 BBC series Party Animals. Smith, who was announced as the eleventh incarnation of the Doctor in January 2009, is the youngest person to play the character in the British television series. He left the series at the end of the 2013 Christmas Day special, "The Time of the Doctor".
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- New York Comic Con 2018 - October 4-7, 2018 in New York, NY 2017
- Dragon Con 2017 - September 1-4, 2017 in Atlanta, GA
- FanExpo Canada 2017 - August 31 - September 3, 2017 in Toronto, ON, Canada 2015
- Fan Expo Dallas 2015 - May 29-31, 2015 in Dallas, TX 2014
- FanExpo Canada 2014 - August 28-31, 2014 in Toronto, ON, Canada
- Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 2014 - April 24-27, 2014 in Calgary, AB, Canada 2012
- London MCM Expo 2012 - October 26-28, 2012 in London, UK
View Matt Smith on FanCons.com for 32 additional guest appearances