Toshio Maeda (前田俊夫 Maeda Toshio, born 1953) is a controversial erotic manga artist who was most prolific in the 1980s and 90s. Several of Maeda's works have been used as a basis for Original Video Animations (OVA) including the well known La Blue Girl, Adventure Kid, Demon Beast Invasion, Demon Warrior Koji and his most famous work, Urotsukidōji (Legend of the Overfiend). One interviewer commented that Urotsukidōji "firmly placed him in the history books - in Japan and abroad - as the pioneer of the genre known as hentai, or perverted".
Maeda's groundbreaking work, Urotsukidōji, came out in 1986 and it has been claimed that "No other title apart from Akira has been so influential in the English-language market."
He was acclaimed as "the most influential erotic manga artist in Japan" and his masterpiece Urotsukidoji was described as " the foundation for the entire 'erotic-grotesque' genre of Japanese anime". Maeda was the keynote speaker at the BAAF Symposium and introduced a retrospective of his work.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- DoKomi 2021 - August 7-8, 2021 in Düsseldorf, Germany 2020
- DoKomi 2020 - September 26-27, 2020 in Düsseldorf, Germany 2019
- San Japan 2019 - August 30 - September 1, 2019 in San Antonio, TX 2017
- Anime Weekend Atlanta 2017 - September 28 - October 1, 2017 in Atlanta, GA
- SacAnime 2017 - September 1-3, 2017 in Sacramento, CA 2016
- SacAnime 2016 - September 2-4, 2016 in Sacramento, CA
- Kawaii Kon 2016 - April 8-10, 2016 in Honolulu, HI
- SacAnime 2016 - January 1-3, 2016 in Sacramento, CA 2015
- SacAnime 2015 - September 4-6, 2015 in Sacramento, CA
- Anime Expo 2015 - July 2-5, 2015 in Los Angeles, CA
- SacAnime 2015 - January 2-4, 2015 in Sacramento, CA 2013
- F.A.C.T.S. 2013 - October 19-20, 2013 in Ghent, Belgium 2001
- Big Apple Anime Fest 2001 - October 26-28, 2001 in New York, NY
13 confirmed guest appearances
View Toshio Maeda on FanCons.com for 4 additional guest appearances