Author / Designer
San Diego, CA
Susan Lake has built a distinctive and unique career in both the visual and performing arts. Her designs as well as her choreography's, have been called ground breaking, contemporary works or art.
A popular and sought after Southern California headwear designer, speaker and choreographer, Susan has designed for celebrities, socialites and the stage and has been associated with such prestigious organizations as the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Southwest Chapter of the Emmy Awards, as well as interviewed by CNN en Espanol, as one of Southern California's multi-talented design artists.
In 2013, Susan directed her talents to writing her first serialized story, GOBLINS' BEND. In in 2014, Jones Publishing, of Haute Doll and Dolls Magazine, published part two of her book: The Journey to Hollowberry. Book three: The Realm of Millimantia is to be released this Fall. In 2014, Susan began designing full set costumes inspired by the characters in her story, for BJD dolls. As her popularity as both an author and costume designer has grown, Susan is currently on a West Coast literary exhibit tour where she is promoting her books, costumes and conducting her DESIGNING A WORLD IMAGINED lectures.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Sabaku Con 2018 - May 11-13, 2018 in Albuquerque, NM
- Saboten Con 2017 - September 1-4, 2017 in Phoenix, AZ
- Sabaku Con 2017 - April 7-9, 2017 in Albuquerque, NM
- Saboten Con 2016 - September 2-5, 2016 in Phoenix, AZ
- Sabaku Con 2016 - May 6-8, 2016 in Albuquerque, NM
- Saboten Con 2015 - September 4-7, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ