With over 30 years of experience in the comic book industry, Portacio launched his career in the industry when Marvel editor Carl Potts offered him an inking job in Alien Legion and Longshot in 1985. After which, Portacio was handed a pencilling job in Strikeforce: Morituri.
Portacio eventually worked his way to the top of Marvel's artist roster. He was given the chance to create his own character for X-Men named Bishop (first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #282 in 1991 and was featured in the movie Uncanny X Men: Days of the Future Past (2014). Portacio has also worked on Legion of Night, The Punisher, X Factor, Uncanny X Men, Heroes Reborn: Iron Man and X Force. Portacio was also one of the seven founders of Image Comics. He created Wetworks, a team of black ops soldiers in the Wildstorm Universe for Image, which celebrated its 20 years.
Additional titles Portacio has worked on include Journey Into Mystery, Hulk, Authority, Stormwatch, Batman Confidential, Superman/Batman, Spawn, Darkness, and many more. He is considered to be also one of the greatest comic book cover artists in the industry. Portacio recently returned to creator-owned book collaborating with Glen Brunswick on Non-Humans for Image and a new book is in the works for launch very soon.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Perth 2017 - June 23-25, 2017 in Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Sydney 2017 - June 16-18, 2017 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- F.A.C.T.S. 2017 - April 1-2, 2017 in Ghent, Belgium
- Paris Manga & Sci-Fi Show 2017 - March 25-26, 2017 in Paris, France
- Armageddon Auckland 2016 - October 22-23, 2016 in Auckland, New Zealand
- Phoenix Comicon 2016 - June 2-5, 2016 in Phoenix, AZ
- Middle East Film and Comic Con 2016 - April 7-9, 2016 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates