Brian Michael Bendis
Brian Michael Bendis is an American comic book writer and erstwhile artist. He has won critical acclaim (including five Eisner Awards) for his self-published, Image Comics and Marvel Comics work, and is one of the most successful writers working in mainstream comics, with his books selling consistently highly for over a decade.
Starting out with crime and noir comics, Bendis eventually moved to mainstream superhero work. With Bill Jemas and Mark Millar, Bendis was the primary architect of the Ultimate Marvel Universe, launching Ultimate Spider-Man in 2001, on which he continues as writer to the present day. He relaunched the Avengers franchise with New Avengers in 2004, and has also written the Marvel "event" storylines "House Of M", "Secret War", 2008's "Secret Invasion" and 2009's "Siege".
Though Bendis has cited comic book writers such as Frank Miller and Alan Moore, his own writing influences are less rooted in comics, drawing considerably on the work of David Mamet, Richard Price, and Aaron Sorkin, whose dialogue Bendis feels are "the best in any medium."
In addition to writing comics, he has also worked in television, video games and film, and teaches writing at Portland State University.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo 2014 - October 31 - November 2, 2014 in Los Angeles, CA
- New York Comic Con 2014 - October 9-12, 2014 in New York, NY 2012
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo 2012 - April 20-22, 2012 in Broadbeach, Queensland, Australia
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo 2012 - April 13-15, 2012 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 2011
- Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo 2011 - March 18-20, 2011 in Chicago, IL 2010
- New York Comic Con 2010 - October 8-10, 2010 in New York, NY 2001
- Armageddon Pulp Culture Expo 2001 - February 10-11, 2001 in Auckland, New Zealand
View Brian Michael Bendis on FanCons.com for 21 additional guest appearances