Long Island, NY
Peter David is a prolific author whose career, and continued popularity, spans nearly two decades. He has worked in every conceivable media: Television, film, books (fiction, non-fiction and audio), short stories, and comic books, and acquired followings in all of them.
In the literary field, Peter has had over fifty novels published, including numerous appearances on the New York Times Bestsellers List. His novels include Sir Apropos of Nothing (A "fast, fun, heroic fantasy satire" - Publishers Weekly) and the sequel The Woad to Wuin, Knight Life, Howling Mad, and the Psi-Man adventure series. He is the co-creator and author of the bestselling Star Trek: New Frontier series for Pocket Books, and has also written such Trek novels as Q-Squared, The Siege, Q-in-Law, Vendetta, I, Q (with John deLancie), A Rock and a Hard Place and Imzadi. He produced the three Babylon 5 Centauri Prime novels, and has also had his short fiction published in such collections as Shock Rock, Shock Rock II, and Otherwere: Stories of Transformation, as well as Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine and The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction.
Peter's comic book resume includes an award-winning twelve-year run on The Incredible Hulk, and he has also worked on such varied and popular titles as Supergirl, Young Justice, Soulsearchers and Company, Aquaman, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, X-Factor, Star Trek, Wolverine, The Phantom, Sachs & Violens, and many others. He has also written comic book related novels, such as The Incredible Hulk: What Savage Beast, and co-edited The Ultimate Hulk short story collection. Furthermore, his opinion column But I Digress… has been running in the industry trade newspaper The Comic Buyers's Guide for nearly a decade, and in that time has been the paper's consistently most popular feature and was also collected into a trade paperback edition.
Peter is the co-creator, with popular science fiction icon Bill Mumy (of Lost in Space and Babylon 5 fame) of the Cable Ace Award-nominated science fiction series Space Cases, which ran for two seasons on Nickelodeon. He has written several scripts for the Hugo Award winning TV series Babylon 5, and the sequel series, Crusade. He has also written several films for Full Moon Entertainment and co-produced two of them, including two installments in the popular Trancers series, Trancers 4: Jack of Swords and Trancers 5: Sudden Deth, as well as the science fiction western spoof Oblivion, which won the Gold Award at the 1994 Houston International Film Festival for best Theatrical Feature Film, Fantasy/Horror category, and the sequel Backlash: Oblivion 2.
Peter's awards and citations include: the Haxtur Award 1996 (Spain), Best Comic script; OZCon 1995 award (Australia), Favorite International Writer; Comic Buyers Guide 1995 Fan Awards, Favorite writer; Wizard Fan Award Winner 1993; Golden Duck Award for Young Adult Series (Starfleet Academy: #1: Worf's First Adventure), 1994; UK Comic Art Award, 1993; Will Eisner Comic Industry Award, 1993. He lives in New York with his wife, Kathleen, and his children, Shana, Gwen, Ariel, and a player to be named later. And even though this may not be the best year to admit it, he's a Mets fan.
So now you know.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Dragon Con 2019 - August 29 - September 2, 2019 in Atlanta, GA
- GalaxyCon Raleigh 2019 - July 25-28, 2019 in Raleigh, NC 2018
- New York Comic Con 2018 - October 4-7, 2018 in New York, NY
- Dragon Con 2018 - August 30 - September 3, 2018 in Atlanta, GA
- Raleigh Supercon 2018 - July 27-29, 2018 in Raleigh, NC
- Florida Supercon 2018 - July 12-15, 2018 in Fort Lauderdale, FL 2017
- Dragon Con 2017 - September 1-4, 2017 in Atlanta, GA
- Florida Supercon 2017 - July 27-30, 2017 in Fort Lauderdale, FL 2016
- Dragon Con 2016 - September 2-5, 2016 in Atlanta, GA
- MegaCon 2016 - May 26-29, 2016 in Orlando, FL 2015
- Dragon Con 2015 - September 4-7, 2015 in Atlanta, GA
- LI-Con 2015 - August 14-16, 2015 in Ronkonkoma, NY 2014
- Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo 2014 - October 31 - November 2, 2014 in Los Angeles, CA
- New York Comic Con 2014 - October 9-12, 2014 in New York, NY
- Dragon Con 2014 - August 29 - September 1, 2014 in Atlanta, GA
- Florida Supercon 2014 - July 3-6, 2014 in Miami, FL 2013
- Dragon Con 2013 - August 30 - September 2, 2013 in Atlanta, GA 2012
- New York Comic Con 2012 - October 11-14, 2012 in New York, NY
- Dragon*Con 2012 - August 31 - September 3, 2012 in Atlanta, GA
- I-Con 2012 - March 30 - April 1, 2012 in Stony Brook, NY 2011
- Dragon*Con 2011 - September 2-5, 2011 in Atlanta, GA 2010
- New York Comic Con 2010 - October 8-10, 2010 in New York, NY
- Dragon*Con 2010 - September 3-6, 2010 in Atlanta, GA 2009
- Armageddon Expo Auckland 2009 - October 24-26, 2009 in Greenlane, New Zealand
- Armageddon Expo Melbourne 2009 - October 17-18, 2009 in Melbourne, Australia
- Dragon*Con 2009 - September 4-7, 2009 in Atlanta, GA 2005
- Dragon*Con 2005 - September 2-5, 2005 in Atlanta, GA
27 confirmed guest appearances
View Peter David on FanCons.com for 77 additional guest appearances