Character Designer / Animation Director
Hiroyuki Imaishi, the co-founder of Studio TRIGGER, began his career at the historic Studio GAINAX ("FLCL," "Gurren Lagann"), making his industry debut on the critically-acclaimed anime series "Neon Genesis Evangelion." Imaishi went on to work on a variety of hit titles at GAINAX, and in 2007 made his directorial debut on the massively popular and award-winning series "Gurren Lagann."
In 2011, Imaishi left GAINAX to establish Studio TRIGGER, and directed TRIGGER's debut series, the critically acclaimed "Kill la Kill." Continuing in his dynamic high-octane animation style, Imaishi, along with his core creative team, went on to direct the first feature film from Studio TRIGGER, "PROMARE," a spiritual successor to his work on these former titles.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
Anime Boston 2020 - April 10-12, 2020 in Boston, MAConvention Cancelled
- Otakon 2019 - July 26-28, 2019 in Washington, DC
- Anime Expo 2019 - July 3-7, 2019 in Los Angeles, CA
- Anime Midwest 2017 - July 7-9, 2017 in Rosemont, IL
- Anime Expo 2015 - July 2-5, 2015 in Los Angeles, CA
- Anime Expo 2009 - July 2-5, 2009 in Los Angeles, CA
- Connichi 2008 - September 12-14, 2008 in Kassel, Germany
- Anime Expo Tokyo 2004 - January 16-18, 2004 in Ikebukuro, Toyko, Japan