April 4, 2006
News for Anime Expo 2006:
Anime Expo announces national talent search contest
Anaheim, California (April 4, 2006) -- Anime Expo® 2006 (AX2006) begins an active search for on-air/online talent to conduct interviews and newsworthy coverage of this year's 15th year anniversary convention. AX2006 will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center July 1-4, 2006. More information is available at http://www.anime-expo.org.
The talents that are chosen, will receive press badges for all four (4) days of the convention, and will be part of the AXBackstage.com (the new and official web based reporting site of Anime Expo®-to be launched in May 2006) team. Chosen talent will be required to cover a minimum of five (5) events/interviews chosen by the collective staff of AXBackstage.com. Chosen talent will also be provided exclusive backstage access to Main Events, Panels, Concerts, Guest of Honors and Industry companies to conduct recorded interviews and newsworthy coverage that will be posted onto the AXBackstage.com site.
Pre-requisite for interested applicants are:
- Applicant is not an employee, officer, director or agent of Anime Expo®, BAM! or the SPJA (all of the foregoing, collectively, the "Corporations"). None of applicant's immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of applicant's household (whether related or not) are employees, officer, directors or agents of any of the Corporations.
- Applicant is not presently a legally qualified candidate for any type of political office ("Candidate") and agree that applicant will not become a Candidate from the time the application is submitted until one (1) year after the production of the Program is completed.
- Applicant is a legal U.S. resident and Applicant is presently 18 years of age or older
- Applicant is in good physical and mental health.
- Applicant will be able to attend Anime Expo® (on their own expense) for all 4 days, and will be able to arrive one (1) day ahead of Opening Ceremonies for AXBackstage.com orientation.
- Applicant will not be provided any form of monetary compensation.
- If Applicant is a member of AFTRA or SAG they will not be compensated for applicant's appearance or participation in the application process or the Program.
Interested applicants should download and complete the application form from www.anime-expo.org and send a 10-15 minute video, to the address provided on the application forms, addressing their interest in becoming the online talent and why they should be chosen. Deadline for all applications is April 31, 2006.
AXBackstage.com is also looking for experienced video editors interested in participating in this year's 15th Anniversary Convention. Interested individuals may send their resumes to email@example.com. This position is un-paid and all applicants must be able to attend and provide their own transportation to Anime Expo® and abide by all rules governing volunteers/staff. Applicants chosen will be provided all the benefits given to all AX2006 volunteers.
Located in Anaheim, California - Anime Expo®, the North America's largest anime/manga convention, serves to foster trade, commerce and the interests of the general public and animation/ comics industry. This event serves as a key meeting place for the general public to express their interest and explore various aspects of anime/manga, as well as for members of the industry to conduct business. AX 2006 will be held July 1 - 4, 2006 at the Anaheim Convention Center. More information can be found at its official website (www.anime-expo.org).
The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to popularize and educate the American public about anime and manga, as well as provide a forum to facilitate communication between professionals and fans. This organization is more popularly known by its entertainment property - Anime Expo®. More information can be found at its official website (www-spja.org).