October 8, 2007
News for Anime Supercon 2007:
Anime Supercon announces Toys for Tots as their official charity for 2007
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Anime Supercon is proud to announce that this year we will be partnering with Toys for Tots - The U.S. Marine Corp. toy drive. A Toys for Tots drop off station will be set up at the show next to the registration area, and attendees are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy to the show or to purchase a toy in the exhibition room to donate.
The mission of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.
The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a shiny new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to needy youngsters that will motivate them to grow into responsible, productive, patriotic citizens and community leaders.
The objectives of Toys for Tots are to help needy children throughout the United States experience the joy of Christmas; to play an active role in the development of one of our nation's most valuable natural resources - our children; to unite all members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign; and to contribute to better communities in the future.
The principal Toys for Tots activities which take place each year are the collection and distribution of toys in the communities in which a Marine Corps Reserve Unit is located and in communities without a Reserve Unit that has a Marine Corps League Detachment or group of men and women, generally veteran Marines, authorized by Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to conduct a local Toys for Tots campaign. Local Toys for Tots Campaign Coordinators conduct an array of activities throughout the year, which include golf tournaments, foot races, bicycle races and other purely voluntary events designed to increase interest in Toys for Tots, and concurrently generate toy and monetary donations.
Anime Supercon is a convention for anime, animation, comic book and manga fans taking place November 30 - December 2, 2007 at The Marriott North (Cypress Creek & I-95) in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The show will include celebrity guests, artists, vendors, Q&A's, parties, costume contests, anime programming, manga, cosplay, workshops, panels, comic books, cosplay photoshoots and more! Over a dozen guests have already been announced for the show including:
- Carey Means: Voice Actor. Star of Aqua Teen Hunger Force as "FRYLOCK" and The Brak Show as "THUNDERCLEESE".
- Dana Snyder: Star of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Venture Brothers, Saul of the Mole Men, Squidbillies, Robot Chicken and Minoriteam. The voice of Master Shake!
- April Stewart: Star of South Park, Grim & Evil, El Tigre, Danny Phantom and more! April is the voice of most of the female characters on South Park, such as: Wendy Testaberger, Liane Cartman, Sharon Marsh, The Mayor, Shelly Marsh and Mrs. Crabtree.
- Tiffany Grant: Star of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Case Closed, Chrono Crusade, Full Metal Alchemist, Excel Saga, Cutey Honey and Suspiria.
- Chris Ayres: Star of Gantz, Papuwa, Trinity Blood, Peacemaker, Full Metal Panic!? and Papuwa.
- Brittney Karbowski: Star of Gilgamesh (Fuko), Yumeria (Mone), Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok (Reiya), Jinki: Extend (Aoba), Pani Poni Dash (Himeko Katagiri), Coyote Ragtime Show (Franca) and Xenosaga (Momo).
- Steve Cardenas: Star of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. "Rocky" the Red Ranger.
- Karan Ashley: Star of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. "Aisha" the Yellow Ranger.
- Jay Wade Edwards: Producer/Editor & Director of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Jay is one of the guiding forces behind Aqua Teen Hunger Force, acting in the role of Producer, Editor and Director for the show. For the feature film Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theatres he was the supervising Editor and a producer.
- Al Baruch: Legendary Disney animator. Al was the concept artist on classics such as Peter Pan (where he developed Captain Hook and the Crocodile) and Lady and the Tramp (where he developed Jock the Scottish Terrier and Trusty the English Bloodhound). In addition to his work at Disney, Al worked with CBS/Terrytoons on Mighty Mouse and Casper The Friendly Ghost.
- Select Start: The Classical Music "Video Game" Band. Select Start is the fusion of six musicians based in Gainesville, Florida, who combine their mutual love for video games, music, and their instruments (two violins, a cello, guitar, piano and flute) to create a musical experience and sound unique to the video game music world.
- Lisa Furukawa: Singer/Songwriter
- J*SCAPE: The South Florida JROCK cover band
- Chickenbox!: The punk rock live action animation band.
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30: 5:00PM - 2:00AM
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1: 11:00AM - 2:00AM
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2: 11:00AM - 6:00PM
LOCATION: THE MARRIOTT NORTH
6650 N. Andrews Ave, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309. Phone (954) 771-0440. http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/fllcc
For a schedule of events and appearances: visit www.animesupercon.com Anime Supercon Tickets are currently available online at $20 for a weekend pass. Tickets at the door will be $30 for a 3 day weekend pass and $20 for a one day pass.